Collection and Use
Chk-In collects information about you through our Sites in several ways. This information is used to provide users with Chk-In services, to allow us to understand how visitors navigate our Site, and to provide you with information that is relevant to your usage.
Information We Collect
Your email address is used to create your personal user account on chkincam.com. By submitting your email as part of the camera registration, you enable Chk-In (and, if applicable, its contractors) to provide you with the products, services or activities you select. We also use the registered email address you provided to communicate with you in regards to support related issues or promotions specific to Chk-In.
Will this information be shared or sold?
We will NOT share or sell your email or your information to any third party except under the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- Partnership Offer via Consent. We may share your email when we have your consent. We may notify you either via email or prior to your login session to alert you of upcoming events requiring your attention.
- Business Transition. As part of business transition where upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will required the purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
- Legal reasons. We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States).
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we may collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations and connection information, including specific geographic locations, such as through Mobile GPS, Bluetooth, IP address, or WiFi signals. IP addresses are used to connect you to your registered devices and to provide you with session log information. WiFi Signal strength is used to inform you of the quality of your device reception. Mobile GPS info are used in providing you with a session history so you can self-monitor the connection activities of your account.
External Storage and Processing
We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems. These technicians (as well as Chk-In employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Chk-In purposes. We also have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorized employee access to user data.Payment Information
TimeDial Cloud Storage Subscription: We do not ask or store your credit card information such as credit card number or billing address. Payment is processed through PayPal, and personal information such as name, credit card number, and billing address is stored on PayPal’s secure site and not available to our computers or employees. We receive payment confirmation from Paypal in the form of referential transaction information and associated email. If we have issues processing an order, this information will be used to contact you.
Your Access to and Control Over your Information
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org: See what data we have collected from you, if any. Please note all data associated with camera such as history or setting is kept for only 30 days.
- Change/correct any data we have collected from you, if any.
- Have us delete any data we have collected from you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You can also delete your camera thereby deleting all the data stored associated with your camera. We do not have any means to recover your camera information once you delete your camera from chkincam.com. Please note, deleting your camera and all the camera settings associated with the camera does not automatically delete your user email account. To delete/remove your user email account from our system, please contact email@example.com and request your account to be permanently remove from chkincam.com.
Our Site does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13.
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access most websites.
Changing your browser settings to stop cookies
You can choose to manage the cookies we use on our website through your internet browser settings at any time. For information on how to do this, follow the appropriate link below.
Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
Third Party Cookies
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how the site is being used. Google Analytics reports this information without identifying individual users.
To find out how to prevent tracking by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Further information about cookies
If you wish to learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.